Welcome to our learning and development page for Girlguiding Somerset volunteers. The learning and development team coordinate a range of different training events – including short evening sessions; day sessions; and residential training weekends on behalf of the County. We have a small team of Girlguiding qualified trainers here in Somerset; but we are delighted to invite other trainers and facilitators from Girlguiding and beyond to help deliver the sessions.
If you have a learning and development question, or if you have a suggestion for future sessions, please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Eventbrite booking links are shown below
- Life Support Module Saturday 7th May 2022, 9.30 to 11.30am, at Yeovil Guide HQ (For Modules 2 and 3, Trauma and Injury and Major Illness, it will be necessary to complete a regional virtual 1st Response course within 3 months)
- Life Support Module on Saturday 7th May 2022, 2.30 to 4.30pm at Bishops Lydeard Village Hall (For Modules 2 and 3, Trauma and Injury and Major Illness, it will be necessary to complete a regional virtual 1st Response course within 3 months)
Girlguiding South West England run a range of online and in-person courses including:
- Leadership Qualification
- First Response (you will need to book a local practical assessment)
- Safe Space Level 3 and 4
- Other topics
Training from HQ
HQ offer a range of online training, including:
- Safe Space Level 1 and 2
- 1st Response e-learning (the pre-requisite for the full course)
- Disability and inclusion
- Mental health and inclusion